The Central Coast Community Women’s Health Centre (CCCWHC) is a feminist health centre providing services for women by women.
We are an incorporated company limited by guarantee, one of twenty women’s health centres across NSW. We are endorsed as a Charitable Organisation.
CCCWHC has three centres across the Central Coast located at Wyoming, Wyong and Woy Woy. Founded in 1976, our organisation has been operating for more than 40 years and is a well-established and respected organisation.
CCCWHC provides essential health services to women which include clinical services, counselling, group work, social activities, advocacy, information and referral, legal advice, drop in and support for women in crisis. As well as providing specific services and programs, the CCCWHC is also a resource centre for all women and girls within the Central Coast area, requiring information on community services, health matters, housing or any area of concern. We also provide a childcare service for women attending appointments or groups on site.
CCCWHC is a safe space for women, allowing women access to any of our three centres to take time out in a safe and welcoming environment.
Services provided by Women’s Health Centres will be provided within a context which:
- Recognises the social, environmental, economical, physical, emotional and cultural factors that influence women’s health.
- Recognises and challenges the effects of sex-role stereotyping and gender discrimination on women’s health and wellbeing.
- Reflects the whole of a women’s lifespan, their role and responsibilities, not just their reproductive life.
- Recognises the importance of maintaining health and wellbeing by focusing on preventative practices.
- Actively encourages the empowerment of women in both the personal and social aspects of their lives.
- Values women’s own knowledge and skills and their right to make informed decisions about their own health.